Tour de France 2025 Tuesday 8 July: Stage 4 Amiens Métropole - Rouen By car: 133 km By bike: 38 km Tat: A couple of bags, AG2R hat - all won at the finish, The crowd at Bonsecours were vicious
So what’s all this about? For many years now, and especially since living in France I’ve been visiting stages of the Tour de France. Sometimes staying overnight and taking in a couple of stages, sometimes cycling in, sometimes just one stage, but I’ve never been to the final stage on Champs Élysées. So a crazy plan bubbled away - why not go to Paris ? Why not take in more stages ? Why not see ALL the stages in one year ? It took my stepson David to point out to me that there’s no reason why I shouldn’t do that. I’m retired, I live in France - there’s nothing to stop me. Thankfully, my wonderful wife agreed too, and so 21 Étapes was born. A plan to see every stage of one Tour de France, live. It’s grown slightly to include the Team Presentations beforehand - so truly a complete Tour de France. 2024 wasn’t possible because a start outside France complicates travel - I will have to travel the same distances that the whole circus around the riders travel. But far more importantly, for...
Tour de France 2025 Saturday 26 July: Stage 20 Nantua - Pontarlier By car: 518 km By bike: 0 km Walking: 8.5km Tat: I missed most of the Caravan - I saw it from the other side of the lake. But there is a microCaravan at the start line which can be quite generous. So I scored some Senseo coffee pods, a pair of Senseo socks, Senseo bag, Senseo cold brew bottle, TWO cans of Tourtel ( évidemment ), FDJ bush hat, and a Mondial Relay bag.
Comments
Post a Comment